- Students must read a fiction novel. It
may be of any genre of their choosing.
- Handouts must be completed as the book is read.
the novel is complete, prepare a book review speech. You want to tell the class
about the book. Tell us about the elements of your story (ex. – setting,
plot, characters, etc.)
- Tell the class about the novel without giving away the ending. End your
speech with a cliffhanger.
- You must create some form of visual to go along with the book speech. The
visual must relate to the novel.
- The visual must contain the
title of your novel, the author of the novel, a variety of color, and graphics.
- Presentations will begin during the last two weeks of the nine weeks. A
list of dates for presentation will be posted in the classroom and on the classroom calendar on the Important Dates link.
For a copy of the detailed direction sheets issued in class, click on the appropriate link below.
Book Speech Handouts
6th grade Book Speech Directions
6th grade Book Speech Directions with Modifications
7th grade Book Speech Directions
7th grade Book Speech Directions with Modifications
9th grade Book Speech Directions
9th grade Book Speech Directions with Modifications